5 Star Healthcare, Inc. provides this service under the recommendation of the clients’ physician to help them with their social and emotional concerns related to their illnesses or injuries. Our medical social workers conduct a thorough psychosocial assessment to help determine patient needs and identify any limitations, barriers, or safety issues that might impede recovery, educate patients and families regarding community resources and support, and assist with long-term planning, such as advance directives and care options.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Education regarding the alternative living arrangement
- Advance directives (Power of Attorney for Health Care or Living Will)
- Community resource planning and coordination
- Short-term therapy
- Crisis intervention
- Financial assessment
- Counseling with lifestyle changes
- Teaching regarding coping with loss and change
- Grief counseling
We encourage you to personally meet our care coordinators to thoroughly assess your loved ones’ needs and yours.